Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Jitters.

I'm sitting here at my desk, working away, and the jitters have started. It's this weird thing for me where it's like an anxiety attack without the mental part, just the physical, all crossed with that feeling you might feel the morning after a rave (hellooo 90's!) when you're ready to sleep but the night before hasn't worn all the way off yet.

My stomach gets full of butterflies, I feel surges of energy run through me, and I can't focus enough to do more than 2 things in a row without - oh pretty! (getting immediately sidetracked).  Basically my whole insides feel fluttery and loose, and a bit sketchy.

Usually I have to get up and walk around and try to somewhat literally shake it off. I shake my arms out, as if I can shake the extra energy stuck in me out and off my arms. Sometimes it works. Sometimes I just leave work early and make it up the next day.

This does NOT make it easy to work an 8-10 hour cubicle farm desk job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment